Wednesday, February 23, 2011

Coming Soon!

Stick figure pregnancy
So my wife is 35 weeks pregnant expecting our 3rd child.  Claiming she is ready for his arrival is an understatement.  She is at the stage where every position she sits or stands in is uncomfortable.  She has to take breaks and sit down just to catch her breath after brushing her teeth.  Her appetite, sleep, body, and daily tasks have been sabotaged by the symbiotic relationship pregnancy demands.  So its very understandable why she might be ready to move forward.


But for guys/dudes/dads...its different.  We haven't had to suffer through the morning sickness, the aches, pains, sleeplessness, the appetite changes, the swelling, the fatigue, and the growing belly.  Ok...well I might have put on a few pounds of sympathy weight but that's not the point.  Dads are happy as can be that our little tike is baking in the oven and not yet in NEED of anything.  Our desire to expedite his or her arrival isn't nearly so urgent.  In fact...we men often just begin worrying and sweating bullets when the due date draws near.  With our date fast approaching at the end of next month, inspiration hit...and the following video was born.  Pun intended!


Be sure to watch until the end for some outtakes!

8 comments:

Rachael said...

Very funny sweety! Let's just hope all that doesn't really happen! :-)

TheEdge said...

I don't know...I kinda like the part where I drive the General Lee!

Chuck said...

Dude, that was pretty funny, but beware prophecy! When Martha jumped out of bed at 1:30am hollering, I did the good coach thing and hit the stopwatch... next contraction, hit it again. TWO MINUTES!!! I drove from Carrollton to Presby on central with lights flashing and the pedal to the metal! Stephen was born about 4 hours later, but TWO minutes apart will get your attention! Good luck!!!

TheEdge said...

Wow...that is scary. Thanks for the warning! I pray for much less drama than this video contains...

Jenny G. said...

love it! Rae, love the enthusiam in the phone message:) Now Jim get a pick of her for me:)

Jon said...

Nicely done. I think Rachael was spectacular!

grumpy chuck said...

HA-HA! I'm laughing hard!! I love babies!! I helped deliver both of mine...the 2 best moments of my life.

ThirdProverb said...

That was great .