Thursday, May 19, 2011

Conforming To Christ

The problems with me are the ways in which I fail to conform to Christ.  Those characteristics would be evident even if I were not a believer.  So in this video I am questioning the atheist motivation to deconvert the Christian.  It seems to me that the more I conform to Christ, the better a person I become.  If that is true then it only benefits the atheist for me to be more like my savior, right?  Yet that is hardly the sentiment being shared with me on YouTube.  If anything, I am often approached with the goal of deconversion in mind.  The question is...why?

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am totally with you on this, Jim. Why do Atheists spend so much time talking about Christ? I’m not aware of any requirement of atheists to win over Christians. Though, we are charged with informing the world of God’s saving grace. They like to stand up for their right to not choose Christ, yet continually disrespect our right to choose Him. I don’t get it.
Jane