Thursday, September 15, 2011

Litmus Test

Jesus was asked what the greatest command or commands were.  His reply was to love the Lord your God with all of your heart and to Love your Neighbor as you love yourself.

How are you doing with those?  Who is your neighbor?  Is it just the family to the right and left of your house?  Are you showing the kind of love that allows for borrowing a cup of sugar or something deeper than that?

I don't always like my answers to these questions and I suspect neither do you.  Perhaps that is a good litmus test for us to encourage us to dive deeper and to REALLY show love.  In the parable of the Good Samaritan I've always imagined I would be the kind of person that would have helped to take care of the beaten and battered man.  But how many times have I passed that broken down car on the highway without stopping?

I realize stopping at every stranded car would be its own full time job in Dallas but how about stopping every now and then?  Yesterday I came across and amazing video of Good Samaritans that did stop, put their own lives at risk, and helped to rescue an man in horrific danger.  I downloaded it, added some text, and sound track in order to release it on my channel and blog to encourage you.

I challenge us all to be this kind of neighbor to one another!

0 comments: