Thursday, February 23, 2012

How it "Ought" to be...

One thing that MOST people in every walk of life seem to agree on is the concept of this life NOT being a perfect one.  Atheist, Christian, Buddhist, Muslim, Agnostic, or New Age Space Rangers seem to have this internal sense of justice that isn't easily explained.

As you know from yesterday's post, my family is enduring a horrific cold and has been suffering through it for almost a full week now.  I have been personally dealing with thoughts of how this shouldn't be happening or "ought" not to be happening.   In my prayers I've asked for healing and restoration, if not for me personally (and I'd REALLY like that) then for my kids and wife PUHLEASE! 

I don't think I am unique in understanding that the world we live in is not ideal.  Christians call it "Fallen" because of Adam & Eve's sin against God.  What was ideal, pristine, utopia on a platter for mankind then became cursed and well...less than.  So the concept is easily explained when you come from my system of belief.  But how does the average atheist explain this concept of how things "ought" to be.  Says who?  What informs you of this?  How do you have any sense or internal justice or knowledge of a better way?

Just one of many concepts that make an atheist world view,  at least for me, quite impossible.

0 comments: