Thursday, April 05, 2012

Awk...Ward!

Ever have one of those moments when stupidity just flies out of your mouth?  One of the most common times for me is when I am asked:

"What's up?"

And I say, "Good." as though I was asked "how I was" rather than what was going on.

Those moments are humiliating but somewhat understandable even to the confused inquirer as they process your answer.  But a few weeks back as I was exiting a Chik-fil-a location I took this brain-failure issue to a whole new level.

As I was leaving a lady was about to enter.  And although I made it to the door first, and propped it open with my own foot (since my hands were full of delicious treats) I decided in my infinite wisdom to say, "Thank You."

Yes folks, I thanked a lady for letting me open the door and hold it for HER!  My brain needs a rest and an overhaul before someone commits me to the funny farm!

What similar faux pas have you committed lately?

1 comments:

Summmer said...

When the person tearing your ticket at movies says, "Enjoy the show," and I say, "Thank you, you too."

or at the gym, "Enjoy your work out," as I scan my card and I say, "You too." THen I remember they'll be scanning cards for the next 12 hours and never get to leave the desk.