Wednesday, April 25, 2012

Boo to Bacon!

Don't get me wrong.  I am a big fan of crispy bacon.  I'll eat it on a train, in a tree, in a car, just let me be.  I will eat it in a box, with a fox, with a mouse, in a house...I will eat it here or there.  I will eat bacon anywhere!  If hospitals gave us the option of bacon grease for an IV drip, I'd be the first to sign up.  But one must draw the line somewhere and I think we've finally arrived.

If you haven't already noticed the LOW price sticker of the bacon pictured above and the corresponding price of $8.69, then I invite your attention to it now.  Granted this particular product is for the Super Thick Cut but my wife tells me the regular cut variety was above $6 on her last grocery outing.  Folks!  Forget about gas prices.  This is a true crises of EPIC proportions!

But speaking of gas, how is it that we are able to pay less than $4 per gallon for something that has to imported from conflict-stricken countries & go through a refining process but we are paying almost double that for a cut of meat?  Bacon, you are delicious...but when you start rivaling the price of a juicy steak I must call foul and issue a boycott.  I would just as soon hunt down my own wild pig and cure its meat in a homemade smokehouse in my backyard as I would pay this kind of price for someone else to do it.

Forget the price of gold people.  Start investing in bacon!

0 comments: