Wednesday, June 20, 2012

Don't Mess With Mama Bear

What happens when you get between a Mama Bear and her cubs?  If you're really lucky you might escape with your life intact but a hospital visit is probably a good idea.  Well the lesson holds true even with the less furry, human Mama's it seems.

Yesterday evening I sat captivated as I watched a local news report on Kari Kimbler.  Her husband pulled into a Starbucks parking lot, left the car running with Kari and baby in the car, hoping to grab his purchase and quickly return.  A man who had just stolen a t-shirt from Wal-Mart had other ideas.  He got in the drivers seat and drove off with Kari and her child.

At first Kimbler just begged the man to stop and let them out.  But after the assailant entered a stretch of highway going the wrong direction she began to realize the man could not be reasoned with.  He seemed to have no regard for his own life much less hers or her offspring. 

This is my favorite part:

"Then momma bear kicked, and I all could think was, 'I've got to protect my baby with all that I have,' and it came out, and I just beat the living daylights out of him as hard as I could -- in his head, just punching in his head, and she was screaming too," Kimbler said.

Needless to say, the beaten man pulled over and let them out.  Dallas Police are still searching for this man but Kari managed to save the lives of herself and her little one.  Something tells me, this mystery man is somewhere licking his wounds wishing he hadn't messed with Mama Bear!

0 comments: