Tuesday, August 21, 2012

Praise Pause

I will not pretend that all of my prayers are answered in the way I would like.  God's will and our own do not always match up, nor does any parent's and child's here on Earth.  I am certain that I have told my children "No" more often than I have told them "Yes".  But this certainly has nothing to do with my love for them or some crazy desire to frustrate them.  I am just in a better position to know what is right for them than they are.

But I will be the first to admit that its hard to be the one submitting to the parent...even the Heavenly variety.  Denying your will so that anyone elses will can prevail is a huge and difficult lesson in humility.  So we get mad when we don't get the answers we want.  We get mad when we think God failed to act on our behalf.  Many...go so far as to reject God in their anger.

So when a flood of prayer requests came in last week and inspired THIS post, I began lifting the various people up knowing that ultimately His will be done and our job was to patiently wait.  As you might have figured out by the title of this post, some of that waiting is over and I must pause to give God praise!  Out of six people that all had significant problems mostly of the health variety, three have completely been restored, two are well on their way to recovery, and only one still has a bit of a longer road ahead of them.  So not only has God responded to these issues...He has done so quickly and positively.  All praise and glory belong to Him.

 There will be more floods of requests that come.  There will be times that tragedy and loss occur despite my pleading.  But I would be remiss if I didn't take pause when the answers I desire DO come.  Unfortunately I don't always give credit when its due and I suspect I'm not the only one.

0 comments: