Thursday, August 23, 2012

Week One Weigh-In

Despite having a few people tell me that they wanted to participate in the weekly weigh-in, none of them have sent me their stats for this week.  So...you get the privilege of an update from just yours truly.  If you want to find out what's going on and perhaps join in on the fun and accountability, click here for details.

But without further ado...here are my stats:


Starting Weight: 211 (Yikes!)
Goal Weight: 180
Current Weight: 207

Recap:  As indicated above my starting weight was a shocker.  For the past decade I've stood 6'1" tall and have hovered between 195 and 200 lbs.  Having not weighed myself in quite some time, I just assumed I was at the top end of that range.  So my original plan of just cutting out after dinner snacking combined with three, thirty minute cardio workouts per week became a little bit more complex than that.  Instead I am using an online calorie counter, limiting my daily intake to 1675 per day and working out at least three times per week, preferably more.  My long-range goal is to lose a total of 30 lbs but on a weekly basis to shed around 2 lbs.

The hardest part so far hasn't been the running or cycling (surprisingly)!  Instead cutting out the after dinner snacking has caused a great deal of hunger as I retrain my body to not expect food at the 8PM hour.  I suppose if the hunger became unbearable and I still had some calories to spend, I could eat some celery or fruit.  But so far, I haven't given in and I've pushed through the uncomfortable aches. 

How about you?  Can you stand to drop a few pounds and get into better shape?  Want to be brave enough to post your stats publicly on this blog?  If so, read the requirements in this kick-off post and submit your information by Wednesday of next week.

Good luck!

1 comments:

Mike C said...

Jim - I jumped in late last week. Starting weight 238, goal weight 230. Weigh in today was 230. Well on my way. Two a days for me, weights in the morning and cardio at night! obviously calories are key as well.