Thursday, August 30, 2012

Week Two Weigh In

If you want to find out what's going on and perhaps join in on the fun and accountability, click here for details.

We have two additional brave souls participating this week, although neither sent me a photo.  Here are the stats:

Name: Jim
Starting Weight: 211
Goal Weight: 180
Current Weight: 204

Recap:  I hit a weight plateau of 207 and was a bit worried that I wouldn't have a loss report this week.  But I finally broke through on Tuesday and as of this morning was down three more pounds.  I have added a multivitamin to my diet since the calorie counter was showing me several areas where I was nutritionally deficient.  I am running two to three times per week and cycling on Saturday mornings as an exercise routine.  Last night's run was by far, my best effort.  I made it the entire loop without stopping once.

Name: Mike C.
Starting Weight: 238
Goal Weight: 230
Current Weight: 230

Recap: Well on my way.  Two a days for me, weights in the morning and cardio at night!  Obviously calories are key as well.


Name: Vickie P.
Starting Weight: 138.8
Goal Weight: 122.0
Current Weight: 119.8

Recap: Ok, my case is a little different because I've already lost my weight and I'm in maintenance mode right now. On April 2nd, my starting weight (clothed, shoes, after eating, weighing in at the Weight Watchers meeting) was 138.8. I hit my goal weight on June 7th. My weight this morning under the same circumstances was 119.8...19 pounds lost! This completed my 11th week of maintaining.  I declared 124 as my goal weight and am supposed to maintain 122-126...goal weight +/- 2 pounds. I would REALLY like to weigh less but I REALLLLLLY want to maintain a healthy weight through the winter months even more! This has been my struggle through the years...gaining through the winter/holiday months and then having to work to lose it in the Spring. I want to stop that cycle...find a weight that I can maintain year-round and then DO IT! Even if it's a few pounds heavier than I'd really like to be.

How about you?  Can you stand to drop a few pounds and get into better shape?  Want to be brave enough to post your stats publicly on this blog?  If so, read the requirements in this kick-off post and submit your information by Wednesday of next week.

Good luck!

0 comments: