Tuesday, September 04, 2012

Ties That Bind

For all of our independent traits and differences from one another that make life great...I must admit that I love our commonalities even more.  Just about every heart warming story that touches your soul, does so because in some form or fashion we can relate to it.  Whether its a tragedy, a comedy, drama, or a story of victory over all the odds...we experience a type of kinship that binds us together.

September 11th, though very tragic, reminded us on that day...that we are family.  We need each other in ways we don't always admit or realize.  In Scripture this experience is taken even further.  As each person is reborn in Christ they are adopted and grafted into a heavenly family.  Paul often writes about this using the example of a body.  We need one another much like the body needs all its parts.  Now if the foot should say, “Because I am not a hand, I do not belong to the body,” it would not for that reason stop being part of the body.

One of the many reasons I choose to proselytize is because I want you to be in my eternal family.  It's wonderful to have you be part of my life right now and I enjoy the contributions that come from your unique personality.  Why would I ever want that to cease?  While you think about that, here is a fun video illustrating (in part) my point about commonality and kinship.  Let me know if you can relate.


0 comments: