Thursday, September 20, 2012

Week Five Weigh In

If you want to find out what's going on and perhaps join in on the fun and accountability, click here for details.

Here are the stats for this week from those that are currently participating:


Name: Jim
Starting Weight: 211
Goal Weight: 180
Current Weight: 196

Recap: Another two pounds down which I realize is good and they say is the healthy rate at which to shed weight.  But I cannot help but be a bit impatient and want higher numbers each week.  The good news is I am just 16 pounds away from my goal weight which is about halfway there.  I think this coming week I will start some muscle toning workouts.  I have no aspirations of benching twice my weight but I wouldn't mind a few defined cuts here and there.


Name: Mike C.
Starting Weight: 238
Goal Weight: 218
Current Weight: 220

Recap: Now within two pounds of the goal.  Down 2 pant sizes and a shirt size!



Name: Vickie P.
Starting Weight: 138.8
Goal Weight: 122.0
Current Weight: 120

Recap: It's been a frustrating week as I feel like my normal body has gone somewhere!  After having so many fantastic runs...maintaining a faster pace at an easier effort than I expect, something changed.  I've been eating exactly the same but my body has gone up by .5 - 1% each day!  How does that even happen?  My weight has been in the 119-120 range every night this week and in spite of being very careful how I eat and making SURE I'm taking in plenty of water...and each night expecting my body fat number to be lower that the previous night, it was higher!  Is there a correlation between that and my running being harder?  Or is it some kind of phase? Or have I been pushing it too hard on my hard effort runs without taking enough easy/recovery runs in between?  The only good thing has been that I've not been as hungry as usual and I haven't had to summon the willpower to resist eating.  In fact, I've had to consciously decide to eat at times instead of always counting the minutes until I can eat again.  So if I had to be honest, I would say that I would rather have it this way...higher body fat, slower running, but not so hungry all of the time and my weight staying down with not much effort.  It's interesting to me that I would feel that way because if you'd asked me before which I would prefer, I would most definitely say the opposite!

Name: Ryan K.
Starting Weight: 258
Goal Weight: 220
Current Weight: 256

Recap: I downloaded Insanity on my computer only for the mother board to crash.  So my plans for working out have been delayed a bit whilst that issue is being worked on.  However I have been eating much better this past week and due to that alone, I've managed to drop two pounds!

How about you? Can you stand to drop a few pounds and get into better shape? Want to be brave enough to post your stats publicly on this blog? If so, read the requirements in this kick-off post and submit your information by Wednesday of next week.

Good luck!

0 comments: