Thursday, September 27, 2012

Week Six Weigh In

If you want to find out what's going on and perhaps join in on the fun and accountability, click here for details.

Here are the stats for this week from those that are currently participating:


Name: Jim
Starting Weight: 211
Goal Weight: 180
Current Weight: 194

Recap: Two pounds per week is supposedly the healthy, recommended way but its getting dull and boring for me.  When I put it in perspective though I have lost close to 20 pounds in six weeks and I am past halfway to reaching my goal weight.  Based on how well I'm running, I've been thinking about entering a 5K.  I did a little bit of research and found a Fall Festival, Denton-based run in mid October.  If I end up registering for it, I will link to it next week and invite all you locals to run with me, assuming anyone would like that.

Name: Mike C.
Starting Weight: 238
Goal Weight: 218
Current Weight: 213

Recap: Dropped 7 pounds and got under the goal weight. No new goal, now just looking to get more fit. 

Great job Mike!



Name: Vickie P.
Starting Weight: 138.8
Goal Weight: 122.0
Current Weight: 118 This completes my 16th week of maintaining!

Recap: Another strange week but fora different reason.  I've strained my back something terrible and it has thrown the rest of my life out of whack! I'm happy to report that my body fat percentage did come back down into the normal range and I never did put a finger on exactly why it climbed up so rapidly over the last week.  And now I'll be laying off of running and walking and almost all non-essential activity so I'll need to be extra-careful about the calories I consume.  I wonder how many calories you burn an hour laying flat on your back in bed? What if you're surfing the Internet?  Haha!

Name: Ryan K.
Starting Weight: 258
Goal Weight: 220
Current Weight: 255

Recap: I still haven't managed to discipline myself with a workout routine, so my one pound loss for this week is solely from calorie counting and eating better.  I realize that this will not go very quickly for me unless I start exercising.  The challenge is plugging some kind of routine into my already very busy days.  Hopefully next week I will have a better report.

How about you? Can you stand to drop a few pounds and get into better shape? Want to be brave enough to post your stats publicly on this blog? If so, read the requirements in this kick-off post and submit your information by Wednesday of next week.

Good luck!

0 comments: