Thursday, September 06, 2012

Week Three Weigh In

If you want to find out what's going on and perhaps join in on the fun and accountability, click here for details.

Here are the stats for this week from those that are currently participating:


Name: Jim
Starting Weight: 211
Goal Weight: 180
Current Weight: 200

Recap: I hit another plateau at 202 and couldn't seem to break through it.  But like last week, in the eleventh hour and on my final weigh in this morning I finally did it. I am four pounds lighter than last week, eleven pounds lighter overall.  The only frustration at this point is not being able to notice much of a physical change in the mirror.  I have lost more pounds than any of my children weighed at birth but to look at me, most wouldn't take notice.  I guess it just demonstrates how much I have yet to lose.  I am 1/3 of the way to my goal.  I doubt I can keep up this pace but I am pretty happy with being this far along in just three weeks!  So the good news outweighs (pun intended) the bad news.

 
Name: Mike C.
Starting Weight: 238
Goal Weight: 218
Current Weight: 227

Recap: Starting camp gladiator next week, I am down another 3 lbs.



Name: Vickie P.
Starting Weight: 138.8
Goal Weight: 122.0
Current Weight: 118.8

Recap: I rewarded myself with a Pandora bracelet and horse charm bead.  My plan is to reward myself with a  new charm or bead for every 12 weeks that I successfully maintain my goal weight range.  My running workouts have been GREAT this week! I also finally went sub 20% on my body fat percentage. In addition to maintaining my weight, I'm consciously working to build muscle and reduce body fat...not a lot...just a little more.  Seeing my running paces back down to what I feel is a respectable level is a strong motivator to keep me on track...figuratively and literally!

How about you? Can you stand to drop a few pounds and get into better shape? Want to be brave enough to post your stats publicly on this blog? If so, read the requirements in this kick-off post and submit your information by Wednesday of next week.

Good luck!

0 comments: