Thursday, October 11, 2012

Week Eight Weigh In

If you want to find out what's going on and perhaps join in on the fun and accountability, click here for details.

Here are the stats for this week from those that are currently participating:

Name: Jim
Starting Weight: 211
Goal Weight: 180
Current Weight: 191

Recap: Have I confessed yet that I hate to run?  Yes even in High School as a Cross Country and Track Team member, I despised it.  Back then I did it anyway because I was pretty good at it.  The pain and anguish that our coach put us through was usually rewarded at the end of each meet with some kind of medal around our necks.  Now the reward is weight loss but I must admit this week was VERY tough motivation wise.  I really didn't want to run.  At. All.  Thankfully I knew this post was just days away and the accountability forced me out the door even on a day last week when the temps dropped into the 40's.  I also changed up the routes, distances, and styles of running I was doing just to add an element of interest.  I guess it worked because I've shed two more pounds and have just eleven more to go!

Name: Mike C.
Starting Weight: 238
Goal Weight: 218
Current Weight: 211

Recap: GOALS MET. WEIGHT LOSS MASTER, LEVEL 99

Great job Mike!

Name: Vickie P.
Starting Weight: 138.8
Goal Weight: 122.0
Current Weight: 120.8

Recap: GOALS MET. WEIGHT LOSS MASTER, LEVEL 99

Great job Vickie!


Name: Ryan K.
Starting Weight: 258
Goal Weight: 220
Current Weight: 255

Recap: I can't believe it!  I gained a pound.  The only reason I'm not livid about it, is I can tell that I'm thinner and my pants are fitting better.  My theory is that I've shed some fat and built some muscle.  Insanity was very tough this first week because my muscles were very sore as my body got used to the punishment. Should be much smoother sailing from here!
 
How about you? Can you stand to drop a few pounds and get into better shape? Want to be brave enough to post your stats publicly on this blog? If so, read the requirements in this kick-off post and submit your information by Wednesday of next week.


Good luck!

0 comments: