Wednesday, November 14, 2012

Doomsday Obsessed?


For the better part of a decade now, I have kept a close eye on global events and a keen interest in End Times prophesy.  I don't think there is anything inherently wrong with that but do want to warn you of some pitfalls that I personally have encountered.
  • It's easy to become overly obsessed about it.  
  • Temptations to seek solutions will encourage prideful, man-made options instead of learning full dependence on God.
  • You can become inwardly fearful.
  • You can stir up fear in your home with your spouse or children.
  • You can embolden evil and darkness by emphasizing and/or worrying about End Times plots instead of standing in the knowledge that God is victorious.
  • You can fall victim to false prophets who are intentionally or unintentionally misleading people.
  • You can become discouraged.
I am pretty sure I could list another half dozen bullet points but my hope is you get the idea.  It doesn't help that we now have a media rich Armageddon culture that is 2012 focused, making countless movies, TV programs, and even reality shows like Doomsday Preppers.  But I would like to encourage you to find a healthy balance in accordance with God's will and Scripture.  We are to keep watch and be ready.  In today's You-tube video, I challenge you to seek God for how exactly that is supposed to play out in your life.


0 comments: