Monday, November 19, 2012

Thankfulness Incomplete


I realize its possible to have an attitude of gratefulness even as a non believer.  So its no surprise that both secular and religious celebrate Thanksgiving each year.  We all tend to be thankful for similar things.
  • The people in our lives (family & friends)
  • The country we live in
  • The freedoms & rights we still have 
  • Our homes
  • Good food
  • Ability to earn income
  • Clothes on our backs
  • And a warm bed to sleep in at night.
The more globalized our community becomes with the Internet, the more we know just how fortunate we are to have such things and in plentiful numbers.  Yet something seems to be missing if all we are doing is having an attitude of thankfulness.  Where are we aiming this attitude?  To whom are you grateful for those family and friends you've come to love and appreciate?  To whom are you grateful to live in this nation and experience the freedoms it provides?  

Yes, you can be thankful to your fellow man to some degree.  Men fought and died to make this a nation.  But again, the picture seems incomplete.  Maybe that's just me though.  I am most thankful that God is a real, living Father in Heaven, that has made me very aware of His existence and hand on my life!  I am thankful that He sent His son to die for me, paying the penalty for my sins, and allowing for eternal life with Him.  And I am thankful that I can direct my grateful attitude and praises His direction...where it belongs.  For me...that completes the process.

I pray that you and yours have a complete Thanksgiving celebration!

0 comments: