Tuesday, November 06, 2012

The Horizon

When travelling, the horizon is our measuring stick.  Sometimes it looks too far away and you must come to grips with a long trip.  Sometimes its dark or perhaps foggy out and you cannot see it at all.  Then there are times where its just around the next bend and you excitedly anticipate a new experience.  Our lives are much like a journey.  And in Christian circles we often describe our faith as a "walk" with Christ.

We have times when we can relate to the Israelites wandering in the desert for forty years, eager to receive the promised land.  We have times when doors finally open and we begin a new chapter while closing another.  Both times are opportunities to grow.  Both times are opportunities to seek God's will.  Truth be told, I struggle more with being made to wait.  I like being on the move.  I like forward momentum and changing scenery and measurable progress.  I like arriving at a destination, enjoying it fully but making plans for our next adventure.

So I am excited to say, in a rather vague and general way, that my life (in a multitude of areas right now) is proving to be moving forward in measurable and energizing strides.  Both professionally and personally I have several doors opening.  Some are just open a crack, others are just waiting for me to walk through.  The only stress (if I can call it that) is prayerfully considering each option and making the right choice. The God-led choice.  The other partial difficulty is bringing closure to certain chapters as I begin transitioning into new areas.  I ask that you keep me and my family in your prayers as we excitedly look forward to...

...the horizon.

0 comments: