Thursday, November 29, 2012

Week Fifteen Weigh In

As promised, this is the last official post for the weight loss, public accountability mission.  A total of four, myself included, decided to put their bodies to the grueling challenge of dieting and exercise in effort to reach their goals.  I want to not only thank Mike, Pony, and Ryan for participating but I want to thank the readers for supporting/putting up with posts like these since they are a bit off script from my normal offerings.

Here is how everyone ended up:

Name: Mike C.
Starting Weight: 238
Goal Weight: 218
Current Weight: 208

Recap: Mike set out to lose 20 pounds and ended up losing 30.  He dedicated himself to two-a-day workouts and met his goals well before today's post.  He was also brave enough to share his victory of sobriety on a post or two hoping to inspire anyone out there that might be struggling with similar addictions.  Suffice it to say, Mike has a much healthier outlook on all fronts and I couldn't be more proud of him.

Name: Jim
Starting Weight: 211
Goal Weight: 180
Current Weight: 184

Recap: As reported last week, a stomach bug helped me get down to my lightest weight thus far...which WAS 182.  Then Thanksgiving happened.  I really intended to be good and for the most part I was on the actual day.  The problem is I had four total days off and I slacked just a little bit every single one of those days and spiked back up to 186.  Though I tried kicking it into high gear from Sunday till today, I only managed to get back down to 184.  It's a bit disappointing not to finish this fifteen weeks at goal but I am not going to let that stop me.  In fact, I will do a final victory post in the near future when I finally meet the mark.  That will continue to help motivate me to keep running in this ever cooler weather.  My run just two days ago was in 45 degree conditions.  For me, that's dedication.

Name:  Pony P.
Starting Weight: 139
Goal Weight: 122
Current Weight:113

Recap: Another overachiever in our group was Pony.  She is 9 pounds under goal despite suffering from a back injury and a bladder infection that prevented much of the exercise routines she engages in.  She joined our efforts having already lost the bulk of her weight so her main focus was maintenance, especially during the holiday and winter months.  I have a feeling she will continue to meet and/or beat her expectations.  For more details on her progress from week to week be sure to check out her blog located HERE.

Name: Ryan K.
Starting Weight: 258
Goal Weight: 220
Current Weight: 250

Recap: Ryan joined the effort about halfway in and therefor didn't have the benefits of a full fifteen weeks like the rest of us.  Combine that with computer problems since his exercise routine was an online venture called Insanity and his numbers are actually very good.  Like me, he isn't at goal weight yet but plans to keep the effort moving in that direction until he makes it.

How about you? Can you stand to drop a few pounds and get into better shape? Though this particular challenge is over, feel free to go through the archives and relive our progress as an encouragement to your efforts.  And who knows?  Perhaps another challenge will be issued in the coming months that you can participate in.

0 comments: